ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR MEMBERS IMPACTED BY NATURAL DISASTERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
We know that recovering from a natural disaster is never easy. For our Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois members living or traveling in these impacted areas, your BCBSIL Customer Service Representatives are ready to help you:
- Understand your benefits
- Find a doctor, hospital or dialysis center
- Refill prescription medications if you have Prime Therapeutics
- Coordinate or transition your care
If you don't have your ID card, you can either:
- Print a temporary card on Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM), or
- Call your plan's Customer Service number. Provide either your Social Security number or your name and date of birth so that our customer advocates can help you.
|Individual and Family Insurance (if you bought your insurance through BCBSIL, an agent or the Health Insurance Marketplace)||1-800-538-8833|
|Blue Cross Community Family Health PlanSM||1-877-860-2837
|Blue Cross Community ICP SM||1-888-657-1211
|Blue Cross Community MLTSSSM||1-866-962-9814
|Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM||1-877-723-7702
|National BlueCard®||1-800-810-BLUE (2583)|
- For emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergencies, call Customer Service to find a doctor or health care professional in your network.
- Bring your BCBSIL member ID card with you when you get care.
- If you don't have your ID card, call Customer Service or print a temporary card in Blue Access for MembersSM.
For our Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois members living or traveling in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey
If you are in an area impacted by Harvey, we are helping by:
- Authorizing up to a 90-day supply of prescription medications for members
- Not requiring pre-authorization or referrals (members' benefit coverage will apply)
- Allowing claims for an HMO member to receive services out-of-network if necessary, without a referral
- Extending claim filing deadlines for providers
- Working with members to extend premium payment deadlines
Keep in mind, the terms of your coverage still apply. See your plan or call Customer Service for details.
Filling Prescriptions with Prime Therapeutics
For members who have BCBSIL pharmacy benefits administered through Prime Therapeutics, we may be able to help you with your prescription needs by:
- Refilling a prescription early
- Replacing damaged or destroyed medication
- Using an out-of-network pharmacy
- Having your doctor send a prior authorization request
- Getting mail order or specialty drug shipments
* If you do not have pharmacy benefits through BCBSIL, contact us at the phone number provided above.