OptiNet® Assessment Tool
OptiNet is an online assessment tool developed by American Imaging Management® (AIM) to collect modality-specific data from imaging providers. This tool is an enhancement to our Radiology Quality Initiative (RQI) program, which AIM administers for BCBSIL. The OptiNet assessment process will help facilitate the provision of accurate and consistent information, when needed, to help promote patient safety, accessibility of care, and cost effectiveness. The information on OptiNet is based on information given by high- and low-tech imaging service providers. Areas of assessment include staff qualifications and equipment accreditation. Providers can update their information whenever necessary.
High-tech Imaging Service Providers
If you bill BCBSIL for the technical component of Computed Tomography (CT/CTA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI/MRA), Nuclear Cardiology or Positron Emission Tomography (PET), you should already have completed AIM’s online OptiNet assessment.
- Your assessment data will be analyzed to determine a modality score (represented by a letter grade) for each modality you register.
- High-tech service provider modality scores are available now to ordering providers via AIM’s online directory.
- The average allowed payment amount for the procedure (based on professional and technical components of previously billed services), along with distance from the member’s home will also be shared to assist ordering physicians with making important health care decisions.
Low-tech Imaging Service Providers
The OptiNet tool is available to collect capability information from providers who perform the technical component of X-ray, ultrasound, echocardiography and mammography services.
- Your assessment data will be analyzed to determine a score (represented by a letter grade) for each modality you register. (Exception: Modality scores will not be generated for mammography.)
- Low-tech provider modality scores will not be made available for viewing by ordering providers.
- Results will be utilized by BCBSIL for reporting and quality enhancement initiatives.
For More Information…
Ready to begin?
Use the link below to register (select “BCBS Illinois” from the drop down menu) and complete the online assessment. You can save your data as you go—no need to complete the assessment in one sitting. Upon completion, you will receive an email confirmation. The OptiNet tool will remain available to you if you need to make changes at a later date. You should update your information as necessary.
AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is an operating subsidiary of Anthem and an independent third party vendor that is solely responsible for its products and services. OptiNet is a registered trademark of AIM. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by independent third party vendors. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendors directly.