Website Introduction for New Providers
As a new independently contracted Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) professional, institutional, facility or ancillary provider (or a new employee of a provider's office) for one or more of the BCBSIL networks, we encourage you to take advantage of the online information and other reference material available to you.
See below for an overview of key resources you will find on the BCBSIL Provider website.
- News and Updates — Bookmark this page and check it often for the latest news and updates to help keep your office up to date.
- Blue Review — Our monthly newsletter includes articles about new products, programs and important initiatives. To receive the Blue Review via email each month, subscribe here.
- BCBSIL Provider Manuals — Located in the Standards and Requirements section, these manuals include detailed policies, procedures and requirements necessary for participation in the BCBSIL contracting provider networks.
- Electronic Commerce — Electronic options are available before, during and after the claim submission process to help streamline your administrative operations. Examples of transactions that can be conducted online through your preferred vendor portal include, but are not limited to: eligibility and benefits, benefit preauthorization/predetermination of benefits, checking claim status and more. Check out the list of online applications on our Provider Tools page for descriptions, tip sheets and instructions on how to gain access.
- BlueCard® Program — BlueCard is a national program that enables members of one Blues Plan to obtain health care services while traveling or living in another Blue Plan’s service area. For information on claim filing and other important processes for out-of-area members, refer to the BlueCard Program Provider Manual, located on the BlueCard Program page in the Standards and Requirements section.
- Provider Finder® — A link to this tool is available on the Provider homepage. You can use it to help locate in-network providers for your patients. Be sure to check your own Provider Finder information to help ensure our members can find you when they are searching for care and services. If you need help navigating this tool, see the Provider Finder tip sheet.
- Update Your Information — This page includes a link to an online Demographic Change Form that you can use to request updates to your legal name, National Provider Identifier (NPI), Tax ID, office location, email address and other important information.
- Workshops and Webinars — Free training opportunities on a variety of topics are available for providers, billing services, clinical and administrative staff members. For upcoming session dates, times and online registration, refer to Workshops/Webinars page.
We're here to assist you!
If you have any questions, contact your Provider Network Consultant (PNC).